Head of Operations
Nagi Bioscience is an exciting startup operating in the thriving field of life science instrumentation. Headquartered in the heart of one of Switzerland’s top technology poles, the EPFL Innovation Park in Saint-Sulpice, overlooking the stunning Léman Lake (Lausanne), we are on a mission to accelerate the transition to the new era of biological testing, where scalability, efficiency, sustainability, and ethics can finally go hand in hand.
Our first product, SydLab™ One, pioneers the field of Organism-on-Chip technologies, a new class of laboratory devices enabling the discovery and testing of new drugs and chemicals using microorganisms instead of traditional animal tests. As a consequence of our ambitious growth plans, we are now seeking talented individuals to join our team and be part of Nagi’s groundbreaking journey.
As the Head of Operations at Nagi Bioscience, you will be responsible for holistically managing all aspects of operations, including supply chain, manufacturing, and quality control. Reporting directly to the CEO, with direct visibility of your work to the board of the company, you will collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals by ensuring efficient and effective production of high-quality laboratory instruments and associated consumables. This role requires a deep understanding of manufacturing processes, industry regulations, and best practices. Your expertise will be instrumental in driving the company’s operational efficiency, ensuring timely product delivery, and maintaining exceptional product quality.
- Supply chain management: develop and manage a robust supply chain network, optimize inventory levels, negotiate favorable contracts, and establish strong relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Manufacturing excellence: implement efficient production workflows, oversee manufacturing processes, and maintain the highest quality standards for all our products; develop and manage a KPI-dashboard to drive process optimization, cost reduction and efficiency improvement in all manufacturing operations. Coordinate with the R&D team the implementation of processes and/or product design changes to enhance product robustness and process efficiency.
- Quality control assurance: develop and implement a comprehensive quality management system to ensure that our products meet or exceed customer expectations, conduct regular audits, and ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Team leadership and cross-functional collaboration: build and lead a skilled operations team, fostering a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, and excellence; collaborate closely with R&D, Sales, and Marketing teams to align operations with overall company goals and drive business success.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Basic technical education in any discipline like mechanics, mechatronics, robotics. Secondary education in supply chain management, operations management or business process engineering on bachelor level or comparable. Advanced degrees will be considered a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in supply chain management, manufacturing, and quality control within the life sciences or another technology-rich industry with complex systems. Direct experience in Lab Instrumentation is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001 regulations and other quality standards relevant to laboratory instruments and consumables.
- Proven strategic planning experience with both slow- and fast-turning inventories and supply chains related to complex products and their consumables, respectively.
- Excellent ability to motivate and direct people, fostering a collaborative and high- performing team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, strategic thinking, and the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Fluency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A very innovative work environment where you can make a significant impact.
- Solid financing that allows us to offer a competitive salary package.
- Access to unique technology and a compelling value proposition that sets us apart in the market.
- A startup tailored package that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), providing an opportunity to share in our company’s success.
- A dynamic and multi-disciplinary team of passionate professionals, sharing ideas and collectively driving innovation forward.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you are the perfect candidate for this role, please send us your CV and cover letter here.