R&D Microfluidics Engineer
Nagi Bioscience is an exciting startup operating in the thriving field of life science instrumentation. Headquartered in the heart of one of Switzerland’s top technology poles, the EPFL Innovation Park in Saint-Sulpice, overlooking the stunning Léman Lake (Lausanne), we are on a mission to accelerate the transition to the new era of biological testing, where scalability, efficiency, sustainability, and ethics can finally go hand in hand.
Our first product, SydLab™ One, pioneers the field of Organism-on-Chip technologies, a new class of laboratory devices enabling the discovery and testing of new drugs and chemicals using microorganisms instead of traditional animal tests.
As a consequence of our recent financing round and our ambitious growth plans, we are now seeking talented individuals to join our team and be part of our groundbreaking journey.
Nagi Bioscience is seeking a highly skilled and motivated R&D Microfluidics Engineer to join our team and lead the development of innovative microfluidic chips for a range of biological applications. This role offers the opportunity to work on exciting R&D projects, collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, and contribute to groundbreaking research, pushing the boundaries of microfluidics technology and shaping the future of biological testing.
- Leading the development of new microfluidic chips tailored for specific applications, with a primary focus on drug/chemical screening on C. elegans and other biological models, from initial chip design through to commercialization.
- Utilizing soft lithography techniques, including glass/PDMS, and other microfabrication methods to rapidly prototype new microfluidic chip designs.
- Driving the transition from soft lithography to plastic injection molding for the scalable production of chip designs validated and selected for commercialization.
- Designing new mechanical and/or fluidic components for connecting and integrating new chips into our robotic platform.
- Incorporating sensing elements into microfluidic setups for various studies, including electrical measurements, chemical sensing, and more.
- Conducting biological experiments using the developed microfluidic chips on our robotic platform, closely collaborating with the bioassay development team.
- Contributing to the publication of technical and scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and application notes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Professional expertise – at the PhD level or equivalent – in microfluidics, microfabrication, and lab-on-a-chip systems/bioMEMS.
- Experience with both rapid prototyping and large-scale production of microfluidic chips, with practical expertise in PDMS chip fabrication, injection molding and 3D printing methods.
- Experience with biological experiments, with knowledge of C. elegans and/or cell culture methods being a significant advantage.
- Proficiency in microscopy techniques, including knowledge of optics/imaging systems, and experience with image processing and analysis methods.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis and the ability to interpret biological data.
- Proven experience in teamwork, leadership, and project management, with the capability to manage multiple people and tasks concurrently.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exceptionally motivating position at the forefront of world-class innovation within your field of expertise
- A very innovative work environment where you can make a significant impact
- Access to unique technology and a compelling value proposition that sets us apart in the market.
- A dynamic and multi-disciplinary team of passionate professionals, sharing ideas and collectively driving innovation forward.
- Solid financing that allows us to offer a competitive salary package.
If you think you are the perfect candidate for this role, please apply here attaching your CV and cover letter.
Together for the new era of biological testing! #inwormwetrust