UNLOCK THE full POTENTIAL OF C. elegans to empower YOUr research
Unique datapoints at an unprecedented reproducibility
UNDERSTANDING LONGEVITY REGULATION
The biological model C. elegans has been fundamental in aging and longevity research allowing groundbreaking findings about human lifespan, such as Insulin/Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1) signaling pathway or the discovery of the daf-2 gene.
From motility phenotypes to molecular neurodegenration, perform any C. elegans assay seamlessly with our technologies
C. elegans nematodes are an ideal model organism for the screening of aging-related drug candidates due to its short lifespan (~15 days), tractable genetics and the conservation of essential age-related metabolic pathways between C. elegans and humans.
High-throughput and high-content screening of your candidates is finally possible thanks to SydLab™ One, making C. elegans research fast and easy.
EXPLORE THE EFFECTS OF TEST COMPOUNDS ON LIFESPAN & HEALTHSPAN
Manual protocols can hinder your research by its inability to obtain important readouts from micro-organisms such as nematodes. Unlock unique lifespan and healthspan datapoints by automating your full experimentation process in just a click
Our pioneer technology allows you to easily design and run experiments so you can focus on what really matters: your results.
C. ELEGANS: A POWERFUL MODEL FOR LONGEVITY STUDIES
- Widely used for more than 60 years to address fundamental aspects of longevity and aging research, such as metabolic diseases and neurodegenerative illnesses.
- Conservation of essential age-related metabolic pathways between C. elegans and humans.
- Scalable, faster and ethical alternative to animal testing.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR BIOLOGICAL MODELS
Nagi aging research Assays
LIFESPAN PHENOTYPE DETECTION ASSAY
NAGI™ LIFESPAN ASSAY
The assay is designed to understand longevity regulation, explore the effects of test compounds on aging, and screen for anti-aging candidates. Bring your research to the next level with unique datapoints.
- Growth parameters
- Reproductive parameters
- Mean & maximum lifespan
- Healthspan (motility)
Check the data
With our analysis software we can extract a multi-phenotypic fingerprint plot including readouts of body bends frequency, velocity, and curvature, as well as amplitude of movement in the head, tail and middle of the body. Data obtained by SydLab™ One.
Automated survival analysis
The worm survival curve is extracted automatically with a 6-hour time resolution, based on the Kaplan-Meier model. The mean lifespan values obtained with our microfluidic platform are therefore consistent with the published literature data. Data obtained by SydLab™ One.
MOTILITY PHENOTYPES DETECTION
NAGI MOTILITY PHENOTYPES DETeCTION
The assay is designed to evaluate the effects of test compounds on C. elegans behavior and motility, as well as to provide indications about neurotoxicity, muscular toxicity or premature aging process.
MOTILITY AND BEHAVIOR
- Bending frequency
- Amplitude of the movement of the head
- Amplitude of the movementat the middle of the body
- Amplitude of the movement of the tail
Check the data
Representative multi-phenotypic fingerprint plot comparing a control worm and a more active worm at day 1 of adulthood, which includes readouts of body bends frequency, velocity, curvature as well as amplitude of the movement at the head, tail and middle of the body. In conclusion, this high-content motion analysis reveals very subtle changes in C. elegans movements, beyond average motility measurements. Data obtained by SydLab™ One.
Representative multi-phenotypic fingerprint plot comparing a control worm with a less active worm at day 1 of adulthood, which includes readouts of body bends frequency, velocity, curvature as well as amplitude of the movement at the head, tail and middle of the body. In this case, this high-content motion analysis reveals very subtle changes in C. elegans movements, beyond average motility measurements. Data obtained by SydLab™ One.
UNIQUE RESEARCH NEEDS VERSATILITY
COMBINE THE MOTILITY FEATURES OF SYDLABtm One WITH OTHER ASSAYS
LIfespan phenotype detection assay
developmental toxicity assay
MOLECULAR NEURODEGENeRATION ASSAY
Study of worm disease models
The assay to monitor the effects of test compounds on aggregate formation and aggregation dynamics in numerous C. elegans models of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Worms model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- In vivo monitoring of the hSOD1 aggregates
- Quantification of the size and number of the aggregates during aging
- For this assay we take advantage of the existing C. elegans GFP-reporter strains, modelling a variety of neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), as well as the capacity of SydLab™ One to perform fluorescent imaging.
- A synchronized population of C. elegans is automatically injected into the Nagi™ Chips thanks to SydLab™ One at the first larval stage (L1). Worms are then confined within dedicated microfluidic chambers of the Nagi™ Chips and are continuously fed with an E. coli solution.
- Worms are chronically exposed to the test compounds starting from the last larval stage prior to sexual maturity (L4) for 85 hours (day 3 of adulthood). The entire process of culture and treatment administration is handled by SydLab™ One. The compounds to be tested are mixed with the E. coli solution fed to the worms. Freeze-dried OP50 E. coli are used as a food source for the whole duration of the experiment, preventing the metabolization of the tested molecules by the bacteria.
- The images of each microfluidic chamber are recorded every hour by SydLab™ One. Starting from 70 hours post worm injection (day 1 of adulthood), both brightfield and fluorescent images start to be recorded in order to monitor worm growth and protein aggregation dynamics in parallel. Time-resolved phenotypic readouts are then extracted from the collected images in both brightfield and fluorescent modes.
Check the data
CASE STUDIES: Aging Research
DATA IS WORTH THOUSAND WORDS
“THE INTEGRATION OF NAGI’S TECHNOLOGY OPENED MANY POSSIBILITIES FOR US.”
THE QUEST for BEST CANDIDATES IDENTIFICATIOn
welcome to the sydlab™ one universe
Positioning the “Worm-on-Chip” technology as part of the toolbox for NAMs.
Microfluidic system for Caenorhabditis elegans culture and oxygen consumption rate measurements.
Journal: Lab on a chip
Integrated Microfluidic Device for Drug Studies of Early C. elegans Embryogenesis.
Journal: Advanced Science
Microfluidic systems for high-throughput and high-content screening using the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans.
Journal: Lab on a chip